“We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference, and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity.”George Takei
I got an invitation to a party. The dress code said “Rainbow”.
Initally, I was a bit taken aback. I have very little in my wardrobe that is rainbow hued. I’ve been a bit afraid to wear rainbows, as I am straight. To me, it felt like appropriating the dress of another culture without permission.
But tonight, I was asked to be a rainbow. And I thought hard about what that means to me. It means standing up for what is right. It means supporting my LGBTQ friends. It means standing in the light of the rainbow, arm in arm with those I love in both worlds. It means I KNOW that diversity is what makes the world a better place to live in, and speaking out about my beliefs is the right thing to do.
- Head — Lelutka — Chloe
- Body — Maitreya
- Skin — Lara Hurley — Cerise
- Hair — Truth — Fiji Rainbow
- Dress — *dimma* Rainbow Dress — 0L on Marketplace during June.
- Bracelets — (sss) — Bangle Bracelets Rainbow. I’ve had these forever and have no idea where I got them
- Backdrop — anxiety — %madness (Pose included in backdrop)
- Location — Backdrop Cove
- Lighting — Simply midnight with some white light Lumipro added.